Our exchange office performs automatic AML verification of all incoming transactions using specialized services. If the transaction is identified as high-risk more than 30% (darknet, mixer, gambling, sanctions list, etc.), we reserve the right to suspend the exchange operation to verify your identity and source of funds.
- Customer identification: All users wishing to use Makoli’s services must complete an identity verification process.
- Verification of funds: Makoli performs verification of the sources of funds used by the client to complete transactions. The client must provide information about the origin of these funds and confirm their legality.
- Transaction Monitoring: All transactions made through Makoli are monitored for potential signs of money laundering. If suspicious activity is detected, Makoli may request additional documents or information from the client.
- International Compliance: Makoli complies with international AML standards, including recommendations from the Financial Action Task Force (FATF). The company works closely with regulators and anti-money laundering authorities to ensure compliance with the law and prevent illegal transactions.
- Data retention: Makoli stores all data about customers and their transactions in accordance with applicable data protection laws and confidentiality obligations.
- Personnel training: The company regularly trains its staff on AML issues to ensure the effective implementation of the policy and the ability to recognize suspicious situations.
(Know your customer)
KYC (Know Your Customer) Policy Mandatory identification of Users who are allowed to transact on our Service. To verify the User, the Administration has the right to require the following data to be provided:
- To verify the user, the administration has the right to require the provision of the following data: a photo (“selfie”) with a document proving their identity, such as a passport, driver’s license or other national identity card. We ask for a scanned copy of the front and back of your official photo ID.
- Proof of Residence: An official document issued within the last 3 months that clearly states the customer’s name and address as registered on our site. This can be a utility bill or bank statement, which must contain the full name, full address of residence, the date of issue (not older than 3 months), and the official logo or seal of the issuing authority.
proof of residential address. For example, utility bills or bank statements.
- Credit Card Information: For security and privacy reasons, we request a copy of the front and back of the credit card and/or a photo of the card showing only the last 4 digits of the card number. We also allow the possibility of hiding 3 digits on the back of the card (CVV code).
- Transaction Monitoring: Makoli Crypto Exchange will monitor customer transactions for suspicious transactions or unusual activity that may indicate illegal activity. The administration of the service notifies users of the ban on the implementation of exchange transactions from third parties using their account.
- Service software security: Our team’s priority is to protect your transactions from unauthorized access by intruders. We always improve the skills of our IT department, follow the latest news, apply new technologies to improve our exchange office.
- Data Retention: We securely store customer data collected through the KYC process in a manner that respects confidentiality and the protection of personal information.
- Cooperation with government authorities: In case of detection of suspicious transactions or violations, Makoli cooperates with the relevant law enforcement and judicial authorities, providing them with the necessary information and support, as well as the administration of the service has the right to provide the data requested by official representatives of payment systems.
- Makoli, in cases prescribed by law, may require a regulatory requirement to verify the source of fiat money and / or cryptocurrencies to ensure that the sources of funds that the client uses for the exchange are legal. As a document confirming the origin of the Funds, it can be a bank statement for fiat money or a video showing the details of a cryptocurrency wallet transaction.
- Require the Client to provide additional information disclosing the origin of digital assets and / or confirmation that these assets were not obtained by criminal means;
- Block the account and any operations related to the Client, transfer to the financial control and/or law enforcement agencies at the place of registration of the Service and, if necessary, at the address of the Client’s registration, all information and documents available on the incident;
- Require from the Client documents confirming the identity, physical existence, address of registration, solvency;
- Return digital assets only to the details from which the transfer was made or switch to other details, after a full check by the Service’s security service, if it was possible to verify the legal origin of the Client’s funds;
- Refuse the Client to withdraw funds to the account of third parties without explanation;
- Hold the Client’s funds until the incident is fully investigated;
- The service reserves the right to monitor the entire chain of transactions in order to identify suspicious transactions;
- The Service reserves the right to refuse to provide the Service to the Client if the Service has reasonable suspicions of the legitimacy of the origin of digital assets and to withhold funds on special accounts of the Service;
- The Service reserves the right to refuse to provide the Service to the Client if the Service has reasonable suspicions of the legitimacy of the origin of digital assets and to hold funds on special accounts of the Service if it is impossible to track the entire chain of movement of digital assets from the moment they appear.
(Know Your Transaction)
The KYT (Know Your Transaction) policy aims to identify the customer of a transaction in the event of a precedent where the Service has reasonable suspicion that the Customer is using Makoli.com for other purposes.
Such a precedent may arise if the Service suspects the Client of illegal actions that can be qualified as laundering or attempted laundering of illegally obtained digital assets or the funds are of overtly criminal origin. For these purposes, the Service has the right to use any legal information, third-party tools for analyzing the origin of digital assets, as well as its own developments of the screening systеm.
In this case, the Makoli.com Service reserves the full right to:
Conditions for making a refund of funds stopped for verification based on the results of the AML analysis of the transaction:
Refunds are made after a full check by the Service’s security service, which may inсlude detailed verification of the sender. Refunds are made minus a commission of up to 10% of the transaction amount to cover the labor costs for processing the application and arranging a refund.
The return, subject to approval by the User, will be processed by the Service within 7 (seven) calendar days, starting from the date when the User was notified with the decision of the Service regarding his return request.
When making a refund, after passing the check (verification), the user must confirm the details to receive a refund.