1. The Makoli.com service adheres to the practices and measures in the field of combating the legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime and the financing of terrorism (AML).
2. The purpose of these measures is to demonstrate that Makoli.com takes seriously any attempt to use its service for illegal purposes.
3. The Makoli.com service warns users against attempts to use the Makoli.com service for money laundering, terrorism financing, fraud of any kind, as well as against using the service to purchase prohibited goods and services.
4. To prevent illegal operations, the Service establishes certain requirements for all Applications created by the User:
4.1. The sender and the recipient of the Payment under the Application must be the same person. Using the services of the Service, transfers in favor of third parties are strictly prohibited.
4.2. All contact information entered by the User in the Application, as well as other personal data transmitted by the User to the Service, must be current and completely reliable.
4.3. It is strictly forbidden to create Applications by the User using anonymous proxy servers or any other anonymous Internet connections.
5. If the administration of the Service has reasonable suspicions that the user is trying to use the services of the Service for money laundering or for
- the purpose of carrying out any other illegal operations, the administration has the right:
- suspend the execution of the user’s exchange operation;
- request the user to provide identification documents;
- hold the Client’s funds until the incident is fully investigated;
- request other information regarding payments;
6. All information provided by the client can be transferred to the relevant authorities in the following cases:
- at the request of law enforcement agencies;
- by decision of the courts of various instances;
- at the request of the administrations of Payment systems.
(Know Your Transaction)
The KYT (Know Your Transaction) policy aims to identify the customer of a transaction in the event of a precedent where the Service has reasonable suspicion that the Customer is using Makoli.com for other purposes.
Such a precedent may arise if the Service suspects the Client of illegal actions that can be qualified as laundering or attempted laundering of illegally obtained digital assets or the funds are of overtly criminal origin. For these purposes, the Service has the right to use any legal information, third-party tools for analyzing the origin of digital assets, as well as its own developments of the screening systеm.
In this case, the Makoli.com Service reserves the full right to:
- Require the Client to provide additional information disclosing the origin of digital assets and / or confirmation that these assets were not obtained by criminal means;
- Block the account and any operations related to the Client, transfer to the financial control and/or law enforcement agencies at the place of registration of the Service and, if necessary, at the address of the Client’s registration, all information and documents available on the incident;
- Require from the Client documents confirming the identity, physical existence, address of registration, solvency;
- Return digital assets only to the details from which the transfer was made or switch to other details, after a full check by the Service’s security service, if it was possible to verify the legal origin of the Client’s funds;
- Refuse the Client to withdraw funds to the account of third parties without explanation;
- Hold the Client’s funds until the incident is fully investigated;
- The service reserves the right to monitor the entire chain of transactions in order to identify suspicious transactions;
- The Service reserves the right to refuse to provide the Service to the Client if the Service has reasonable suspicions of the legitimacy of the origin of digital assets and to withhold funds on special accounts of the Service;
- The Service reserves the right to refuse to provide the Service to the Client if the Service has reasonable suspicions of the legitimacy of the origin of digital assets and to hold funds on special accounts of the Service if it is impossible to track the entire chain of movement of digital assets from the moment they appear.
Conditions for making a refund of funds stopped for verification based on the results of the AML analysis of the transaction:
Refunds are made after a full check by the Service’s security service, which may inсlude detailed verification of the sender. Refunds are made minus a commission of up to 5% of the transaction amount to cover the labor costs for processing the application and arranging a refund.
The return, subject to approval by the User, will be processed by the Service within 7 (seven) calendar days, starting from the date when the User was notified with the decision of the Service regarding his return request.
When making a refund, after passing the check (verification), the user must confirm the details to receive a refund.